Monday 16 September 2013

Product Review: Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation, £33


This Laura Mercier foundation is definitely not a cheap option at £33 for 35ml, however it does deliver flawless results and I do think you are getting what you pay for. The formula is rich and creamy and is suitable for pretty much any skin type- I have very dry skin and it works perfectly for me and my sister has oily skin and also loves the foundation. It is oil free and according to Laura Mercier it ‘leaves skin hydrated and protected with a radiant, timeless glow’.


The coverage is full and buildable and leaves skin feeling smooth and flawless. Laura Mercier recommends applying the foundation using a sponge or your fingers, however I prefer to use the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and buff the foundation gently into my skin to create an airbrushed finish. The foundation is highly concentrated and pigmented so a little really does go a long way, I’ve had mine for about six months and I’d say there is still over half left. The packaging is great to slip easily into your make up bag and is easy to dispense the correct amount of foundation.


The only criticism I would have about this foundation is the limited colour range, mine is in Soft Ivory which is too pale for me at the minute (I bought it in mid-winter and I've been on a few holidays since then!) so I have to mix with a dark tinted moisturiser when I want to wear it. Other than that I think this foundation is one of my favourites to date and would recommend to anyone wanting a full coverage foundation. 



Products Mentioned: 









1 comment: