Tuesday 25 March 2014

Favourite MAC Eyeshadows

As you will tell by the end of this post, pretty much all of my eyeshadows are neutrals; I love browns and golds as it think they suit me best and I also find them really wearable on an everyday basis. I always buy my MAC eyeshadow in the pans and put them in the palettes as they are then easier to use and carry around.



























1. Carbon – This is an intense black which is great for creating a really smokey look or lining the eyes, it has a matt finish and the colour lasts all day. This is definitely an essential in my make-up bag and I think in Sophie’s too. 

2. Omega and Concrete – I’ve put these two together as I very rarely don’t use one without the other. Omega is a very light matt brown, MAC describe it as being a ‘soft muted beige-taupe’. I often blend it through the crease in my eyelid to create some natural looking shadows and softly run some through my eyebrows with an angled brush to form a stronger brow. I then take Concrete, which is also matt but a couple of shades darker than Omega and make the shadows stronger and the brows slightly more defined. One of my favourite looks is to use a neutral cream eyeshadow all over the lid (such as Bobbi Brown in Sandy Gold) blend Omega through the crease then blend Concrete over the top and finish with a thin line of dark brown eyeshadow along the lash line (such as MAC Brun). 

3. Print – This is a soft dark grey with shimmer and I find it perfect for created a smokey eye which isn't as intense as using black. I also like to use it on the bottom lash line to make it slightly more defined, but again, not as harsh as black. I've not used this on much recently but I am going to put it back in my make-up bag and start using it a bit more again. 


















4. Retrospeck – This shade is a really sparkly glittery gold colour, MAC describe it as being a ‘beached blonde’ and I love it over the top of a neutral cream eyeshadow just to add a little sparkle to it. It also looks great right in the inner corners of the eyes and really opens the eyes up. This is my favourite eyeshadow to create a little bit of glamour and sparkle. PS - be warned, this little bugger makes your palette extremely messy!

5. Naked Lunch – I love this colour and I know Sophie does too;  the colour is a really light pink and is very shimmery- I often use it all over the eyelid then blend a small amount of Print through the crease as I think the colour complement each other perfectly. I use it for both casual and dressed up looks as I think the colour is super versatile and very buildable. 

6. Satin Taupe - Lastly is the newest kid on the block, well the newest eyeshadow to my palette. It is a dark, shimmery taupe-brown which MAC describes as a 'Taupe with Silver Shimmer' I know this is a cult favourite for many beauty bloggers- Sophie and myself included. Sophie persuaded me to buy this one and I love it so much, I think since I've bought it, it has been the eyeshadow I've been reaching for the most just for an everyday make-up look. 

















What are your favourite MAC eyeshadows, are any the same as mine? Also, does anyone have any recommendations - I have 5 spaces left in my 15 palette and can't decide what to get!


2 comments:

  1. I love MAC eyeshadows! :) You made a great list. My two favorites are Sumptuous Olive and Woodwinked :)
    xx
    http://artsyshimmer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I love Woodwinked too, I think that will be the next one I add to my palette

      Jess x

      Delete