Tuesday 10 November 2015

October Favourites

It's now way too far into November already and this year seems to be flying by. However, the end of a month means a favourites post. Here is what I've been loving throughout October. 

Maybelline Colour Sensational Mattes Lipstick in Divine Wine



This has been my favourite lipstick of the month. It's the perfect autumn/winter dark, berry shade and the matte formula stays for hours and hours while still being creamy and easy to apply. I've gone to restaurants and gone to the cinema with it on and it's lasted the entire time, while eating and drinking. It also works really well as a day or a night shade. I would definitely recommend this lipstick and I can't wait to try some other shades.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze



I bought this bronzer a while back and instantly loved it. It's pigmented but not too over the top and gives you an instant sun-kissed look. There's a bit of shimmer in it but it doesn't make your face sparkle, it just adds a nice glow. I bought the lighter shade luminous bronze as I like a more subtle bronzer/blusher look and it's the perfect shade for me. I sweep it along my cheekbones, along the jawline and on my temples to complete my makeup look of the day. 


Stila Soul Eye Palette



I've mentioned this Stila palette in a favourites post before but I haven't loved a palette like this in a very long time. I use it nearly every day and when I don't use it I wish I had. It has a mixture of shimmers and mattes that are so highly pigmented. The colours last all day and blend seamlessly together. I also love the variety of shades in the palette that can be used day or night. My two favourites are Kitten, a champagne colour that is available as a single shade, and Thought, a shimmery taupe shade. 

Kiko Dark Tide Eyeliner in Black



I had heard of Kiko Cosmetics a few times on blogs and Youtube videos but never thought about buying anything or trying to find where to get items. Then a shop opened in my local shopping centre. They have so many products to choose from for a very reasonable price. After a lot of browsing, I picked up the Dark Tide Eyeliner from their latest collection. I wanted an eyeliner that could go on my waterline but could also stay put like the Charlotte Tilbury Rock 'n' Kohl pencils but for a lower price. A sales assistant showed me swatches on the back of her hand that hadn't budged all day and it had more of a waxy consistency. I have used it pretty much everyday since and it stays put all day and is great for lining the waterline. I haven't really used it for my upper lash line yet on its own but it seems like it is a long lasting, easy to use liner.


Kate Moss Rimmel Nail Varnish in Venus



In my last favourites I was loving the Kate Moss Rimmel Nail Varnish in Hip Hop. It was a really summery coral red so I thought I'd buy a more autumnal shade. I chose Venus, a dark purple colour, and I can't get enough of it. It lasts a really long time on the nails, which is quite the accomplishment for me. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this nail varnish. 

Kerastase Masque Force Architecte



For years and years my hair has been extremely damaged. I have naturally curly hair that I don't know how to deal with. It's often frizzy and the curls are uneven. From a young age I have straightened my hair and probably won't stop, no matter how much my mum and hairdresser tell me to. I try to use products that will restore damage and keep my locks as healthy and strong as possible so I invested in a Kerastase hair mask. I'm not usually one to buy a high end hair product but everything Kerastase was on sale and I've always wanted to try their products. This mask really makes my hair feel healthier. I leave it on for 5-10 minutes in the shower before washing it out and my hair instantly feels smoother. It also smells incredible which is always a bonus with a hair product.

Zara Necklace



It's been a while since I bought a good bit of jewelry. I tend to stick to the same minimalistic and simple pieces everyday. I saw this gorgeous necklace in Zara and thought it would make a great day time statement necklace over basic jumpers. I've received loads of compliments when wearing it and it really dresses up an everyday outfit, and is great for going out too. 


What have your favourites been this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment