Sunday 19 January 2014

Favourite Birchbox Products

I have been subscribed to Birchbox now for 4 months and I absolutely love it! It's a great way to try out new products and brands which you wouldn't necessarily use or know about - it's also great getting a little treat through the front door every month too! I have loved pretty much everything I've got from Birchbox so far so I am going to try and narrow it down to my favourite few...




Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara

I love to wear this mascara in the daytime as it looks so natural, much more so than my Le Volume De Chanel one which I reviewed a few weeks ago . It really separates the lashes and coats every single one without ever clumping. The small thin wand is not what I usually like with a mascara however, this one is an exception - it is especially good for bottom lashes too. It has the usual sleek Laura Mercier packaging and I will definitely be buying a full sized one when I get round to it. 

Philip Kingsley Hair Elasticizer

I only got this in this months box so have only tried it out once but on first impressions I really like it. It is a pre-shampoo treatment and I worked it into the ends of wet hair and left for 15 minutes before shampooing and conditioning as usual. I found it made my hair look and feel much nicer as well as leaving it tangle-free. I'm not sure if I will buy the full sized product as it is £28 which is a little on the pricey side, I'll see if I think its worth after using for about a month then decide. 

Korres Citrus Showergel

I keep hearing about the brand Korres so I was really excited when I got a (very large) sample of this shower gel last month. I have used it a couple of times but I have decided to save the rest for when I go on holiday as it is the perfect size and it has a really fresh, holiday scent. It lathers up into a really creamy texture and leaves my skin feeling very clean, refreshed and moisturised. I am definitely going to try some other Korres products- can anybody suggest any good stockists?

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in Nude

I am a massive fan of Laura Mercier and have been using her Silk Crème foundation for a while now and I have had my eye on this tinted moisturiser for a while. It is a really lightweight tinted moisturiser and the coverage can be built up really easily. It is perfect if you are having 'a good face day' and you just want something to even out your skin tone and add a little radiance. It also has SPF20 which is another plus. I will certainly buying a full sized one in the summer.  

Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter

I have never heard of this brand before but I really like this highlighter pencil/crayon. I use it on my bottom waterline of my eyes to brighten and make them look wider but it is really multi-functional; it can be used on the brow bone, cheek bone, in the eye inner corner - basically anywhere you might want to highlight. The pencil is really soft so it doesn't scratch and it stays put for a really long time. It has definitely become a staple in my make up bag. 



Are you subscribed to any beauty boxes, if so, what have been your favourite products?


p.s. thinking of subscribing to beauty boxes? Click here to see Sophie's review of Birchbox and Glossybox.

2 comments:

  1. Wow i've been tempted by Birchbox for a while now and this post has sealed the deal - I can't believe you got a Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser!! Great post - thanks!

    Josie xoxo
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment! I definitely would recommend, you also fill out a 'beauty profile' so they send you things for you skin type and complexion - so far for me its been spot on.

      Jess xx

      Delete