Friday 18 April 2014

March Favourites

Is it me or do the months keep going by more quickly as the year goes on? I've loved so many things in March but I've selected some of my distinct favourites that I haven't written loads about before. Here are my favourite things from the month of March.



Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers and The Falsies Mascara



I love this combo of my new Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers and The Falsies Mascara. They work so well together and make my eyelashes look so much better than before. I can really see a difference, my lashes look instantly longer and fuller. Although the eyelash curlers are quite expensive (£20) I think they are worth it because they work so well and I guess it's not so bad when you use a drugstore mascara (that's my excuse anyway). 

Real Techniques Brushes



I've had these for a while now, but they still continue to be my go-to makeup brushes and I've been using a wide range of the collection through March. I have 6 brushes in total (Expert Face, Blush and the Core Collection face set) but my favourites are the Expert Face Brush, the Blush Brush, and the Small Tapered Brush. I use the Expert Face Brush to apply my Nars Sheer Matte Foundation. I think it blends the foundation really well and allows a good, even coverage. I use the Blush Brush for blusher (obviously), but specifically my Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush because it's so big it's great for sweeping colour across the cheeks. I love the Small Tapered Brush for applying highlighter to my cheek bones and to highlight underneath my eyebrows and it can be used for contouring with bronzer too (who doesn't love a good multi-tasking product). Also the brushes are so inexpensive compared to most brushes out there and I think they are just as good. 

Essie Nail Varnish in Over The Edge



I love Essie Nail varnish and I went to Boots recently during their frequent 3 for 2 offers and decided to get this with the other 2 products I had chosen. This is a gorgeous dark silver/grey colour with a very slight sparkle. It applies really easily and is a great metallic colour for any season. It also lasts a long time with minimal chips which is why I love Essie!

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Rose in Tension




I absolutely love this lipstick! I can't get enough of it. It has been my go-to day lipstick nearly every day for the month of March. It's a really nice berry colour that just adds that extra pop to everyday makeup. I love that it's a sheer colour too so can be built up but is also moisturising. The packaging is also so beautiful, with the same colour as the product on the outside. I really want to try the Volupte Shine in some different colours too! 

Juicy Couture Earrings





I purchased these earrings a few months ago in New York and completely forgot I had them. I decided to wear something different as I always tend to wear the same Marc Jacobs studs everyday. These earrings are so cute though, I love the little signature Juicy Couture crown on them. I've worn them almost everyday in March because they are so easy and simple but pretty at the same time. 

Sex and the City




I think this is a favourite for both me and Jess this month. After many recommendations from Jess and us watching the first movie together (and loving it!) I decided to give the actual TV series a go. I can't stop watching Sex and the City! I'm obsessed. After a few weeks of watching it I only have 4 episodes left and I'm devastated that it's nearly over. I love the whole New York aspect of the show, seeing them in real places and restaurants and of course the shoes too! Me and Jess have actually figured out who which character is in our friendship group (I'm a Carrie). If you have some spare time or are struggling to find something good to watch that's easy and fun then definitely give Sex and the City a go!


What were your favourite things last month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment