Friday 15 August 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag: Plane Edition

Finally the time has come for me to fly to New York to start my year abroad! I can't believe it's finally here and after must planning, preparation and packing and last minute panic purchases I'm ready to go. I thought I would do a post on what I'm packing in my makeup bag in my hand luggage as it's a bit different from what I would usually pack in my day to day makeup bag due to liquid restrictions and limited space (which is a huge dilemma for me as I always feel I need at least 3 lipsticks on hand just in case I have some sort of disastrous lipstick emergency). I'm flying from Manchester to Heathrow and then Heathrow to JFK with a 3 hour layover at Heathrow so it's definitely necessary to take some kind of makeup with me for the 12 hour journey. So here is what I have packed in my hand luggage makeup bag.



The Makeup Bag I've decided to take is my Marc by Marc Jacobs Leopard Print Bag that I got in a sale at Harvey Nichols at Christmas. I've not used it that much yet so thought this was the perfect time to break out a relatively new makeup bag. It's a great size for a plane because it's not too small so I can't fit anything in it but it's also not too big, therefore tempting me to pack way more than I need and going over the liquid restrictions.



The Products that I've put in the makeup bag are: MAC eyeshadow quad with shades - Naked Lunch, Charcoal Brown, Twinks and Honesty, Nars Orgasm Blush, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Deauville, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard, Benefit The Porefessional Primer, Charlotte Tilbury 5 Star Mascara, Maybelline The Falsies Macara, Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner, Lord and Berry Kohl Eyeliner, Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Bitch Perfect, Chanel Coco Rouge in Rebelle, Chanel Coco Rouge in Espirit, Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow and REN moisturiser.



The Brushes that I'm taking are: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Real Techniques Powder Brush (both new), Charlotte Tilbury Powder and Sculpt Brush, MAC 217, MAC 224, MAC 168, Sephora Angled Brush.


This seems like a lot of beauty products for 12 hours but at least I'll be prepared for any kind of beauty emergency. What do you usually pack in your hand luggage makeup bag?

4 comments:

  1. You have some amazing products, love the makeup bag too! Your Mac quad looks gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Thank you. It's such a cute bag, I just had to have it when I saw it :)
      Sophie x

      Delete
  2. I love the makeup bag you have chosen, it's gorgeous. Some great choices, particularly jealous of the Charlotte Tilbury film star bronze and glow palette - it's just gorgeous.

    Kristy | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11933907

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Thank you :) The Filmstar Bronze and Glow is so gorgeous! It's become a staple in my makeup bag since I bought it, I would definitely recommend getting one.
      Sophie x

      Delete