Sunday 3 January 2016

December Favourites

December is over which means this is the last favourites post of 2015! How has the year gone so fast? How have Christmas and New Years already been and gone? (Merry belated Christmas by the way). I've made a few new discoveries in December and I can't get enough of them.

TheBalm Nude 'Tude Palette



I love a good nude palette so when I saw the Nude 'Tude palette in the Birchbox shop I just had to have it, especially when I had enough Birchbox points to get it for free. It has 12 extremely soft and blendable eyeshadow shades that are mostly shimmery. I love all the colours, especially a pinky champagne colour and a bronze colour. The packaging is made from really light cardboard, making it great for travelling and carrying around too. 


L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Primer




I used to use the Becca Ever-Matte Priming Perfector and I loved it but I ran out and needed a cheaper alternative. I picked up the L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Primer in Boots while it was on offer and I haven't stopped using it since. At first the primer feels quite oily when it comes out the tube but once applied it dries out and makes the perfect foundation base without being too drying. At only £7.99 it's definitely worth a try.  


Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick in Vega


After seeing a few reviews and videos on the limited edition Illamasqua Glamore lipstick in Vega, I fell in love. It seemed like the perfect dark berry lipstick. I eventually caved in and bought it online and I can't get enough of it. Illamasqua describe it as a deep claret red with a satin finish and it is enriched with Vitamin E making it moisturising on the lips. It's neither matte nor sheer making the colour pay-off great without being too drying.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara


I have been on the search for a new mascara for a while now after getting into a bit of a mascara rut. I tried the L'Oreal Telescopic mascara and it wasn't for me and all the mascaras in boots didn't excite me. I then decided to try a new Maybelline one as they have always been my favourite drug store mascaras. I picked up the Lash Sensational Mascara and at first I hated it. It was too clumpy and thick and made my eyelashes stick together. However, I persevered until the mascara had dried out a bit and now I really like it. It lengthens and adds volume to the lashes without being too clumpy and it doesn't smudge throughout the day. 


Phillip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence 


I put my hair through a lot of heat and styling so I need good products that protect and repair my hair. Recently I've been using leave in conditioners as well as normal conditioners to keep my dry ends hydrated. I bought this with my Birchbox points as I love Phillip Kingsley products. I usually spray it on damp hair after heat protectant spray and my hair has been noticeably softer. I'll carry on using it for the next few months and see whether the results last.

Zara Scarf



Although the weather has been pretty mild this month, I've still been loving my huge Zara scarf. It's so big it could be a blanket (great for cinema trips) and it's made from a really warm acrylic material. The black and white checked pattern means it goes with most things I wear but isn't too plain. I can see myself getting a lot more use out of it once temperatures drop a bit more. 

Starbucks Toffee Nut Latte



I don't care if loving Starbucks makes me basic because their Toffee Nut Latte is my favourite coffee drink ever and have got me through a lot of gruelling library sessions. They are only available for a limited time every year for their festive drinks menu so I try to get as many as I can before they stop making them. If you love a good syrup in your coffee then try one of these while you can, it's rich and sweet with a slight nutty flavour that isn't overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment