Saturday 22 February 2014

Haul #2: Beauty

On Friday the 31st of January me and Jess went on a big day out to celebrate the end of our exams and to have a good catch up. We had such a good day in Nottingham starting off with some essential beauty shopping. Then we went to see The Wolf of Wall Street (which was so good!) and then we did a bit more shopping and then went out for a delicious meal at Piccolino's before going back to my house to watch The Great Gatsby on DVD. On our shopping trip we bought so many beauty products so both me and Jess decided to do a haul each (Click here to read Jess' haul). Here are the things that I bought:


MAC
MAC Eyeshadow in Retrospeck


The first product that I bought was a refill palette eyeshadow from MAC in the colour Retrospeck. I have a 15 eyeshadow palette and I had already filled 12 of the slots and I'm slowly building it up to complete it. Jess already has this shade and she recommended it to me so I thought I'd try it out. I absolutely love this shade, it's so glittery and I love a good neutral eyeshadow colour. It goes well with the other colours I have in my palette too, only 2 to go until it's finished!

John Lewis
YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Rose in Tension


After MAC we went to John Lewis which has one of the best beauty departments in Nottingham, in my opinion. I had been wanting a new lipstick for a while so I thought I'd treat myself to a luxury brand lipstick. I decided on a YSL one because I love the gorgeous packaging and the texture of the Volupte Shine Lipsticks. I also really love the colour Rose in Tension. It's a really unique pink colour that can be worn both in the daytime and at night. I haven't stopped wearing it since I bought it!

Boots and Superdrug
Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Celeste


I bought the Apocalips Lip Lacquer because I had heard so much about these lip glosses and I've heard a few good reviews about them so I thought why not try one of them out? (I think they were on offer too which helped me to decide to get one). There were so many colours to choose from but I thought I'd go for a more natural colour and ended up choosing Celeste. I love the pink colour and the wand is such a good shape for application too. The Apocalips Lip Lacquers have some gorgeous shades but the smell of them is quite distinct so if you don't like strong smelling products I wouldn't recommend these.


Rimmel Stay Matte Powder


When we were in Boots I picked up the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent because my current one has smashed and the lid had broken too so it was impossible to carry it around with me on the move. I decided to get transparent because I use the powder to set my foundation and minimize shine rather than using it for coverage. I love this powder because it looks light and natural on the skin and works so well for the amazing price of £3.99!


Maybelline The Falsies Mascara



I am such a mascara lover, so love experimenting and trying new ones out all the time. I love trying both high end and drugstore mascaras and I've had many favourites over the years including the YSL Babydoll mascara, Diorshow mascara and Lancome Drama Hypnose mascara. I have to say that the Maybelline The Falsies Mascara is among those favourites. It really elongates and separates my lashes but also thickens and volumizes them at the same time and it is relatively cheap at only £7.99. If you are looking for a new mascara then definitely try this one out!


Essie Nail Varnish in Shearling Darling



I have blogged before about how much I love Essie Nail Varnishes from how long they last to the colours, I can't get enough of them. I also love the limited edition shades that Essie releases on a regular basis. The most recent limited edition collection was the Winter 2013 collection. I loved all the colours from a sparkly pink to a lilac colour but I decided on a dark purple called Shearling Darling (I also love the names of Essie Nail Varnish). This nail varnish is so pretty and it dries really quickly too.


Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser


I bought this moisturiser from Boots because I love the idea of a moisturiser you can use in the shower and wash off without having to apply moisturiser once you've gotten out of the shower. Although I love some normal moisturisers like various Soap and Glory and Laura Mercier ones, I hate having heavy moisturiser on my skin that I have to wait for ages to dry meaning sometimes I have to not bother at all when I'm in a rush, however this Nivea moisturiser is the perfect solution! I got the one for normal skin and when I got out of the shower my skin felt so smooth and silky after just one use. It was also on offer in Boots with a third off the original price for the 400ml bottle. The scent is sea minerals and isn't very strong or distinct but it is a lovely fresh smelling moisturiser. Overall I would definitely recommend this product for those who are always running out of time in the mornings like me!

Soap and Glory No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask



Recently I have been having problems with my skin and even though it has been clearing up I've been trying to discover new products to help clear my skin and keep spots away without spending too much money, as I already use a few Dermalogica products that can add up to quite a bit of money. After watching Youtuber Fleur De Force, I came across the No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask which intrigued me. The formula heats up when applied and turns blue when you apply it to the skin. You can feel it working as soon as you apply it and my skin felt clean and refreshed after one use. Also Soap and Glory was also a 1/3 off in Boots which encouraged me to try it out.


House of Fraser
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers


I didn't buy the products from House of Fraser on our shopping trip but I thought I'd include them in my haul anyway because I ordered them online around the same time. I bought these eyelash curlers because I'd lost my previous ones and I've heard so many good things about the Shu Uemura ones. Although they are a little pricey at £20 they are supposed to be THE eyelash curlers to have and my first impression of them is that they are amazing! I can't wait to carry on using them and trying them out, especially with my new The Falsies Mascara.


Jo Malone Perfume in Peony and Blush Suede


This has to be my favourite purchase from the entire haul. I have wanted this perfume ever since I first smelled it in Selfridges over Christmas and I haven't stopped thinking about it since! Finally I decided to stop obsessing over it and I actually bought it, and I'm so happy that I did. The fragrance is floral with notes of Peony, Suede, Apple and Rose and it is the perfect spring fragrance. It is one of the most recent fragrances from Jo Malone and has had some raving reviews since its arrival. It came in such a cute box with a nice bow and black tissue paper inside too. I will proudly display this bottle on my vanity table!


2 comments:

  1. i loved this post! i have had my eye on jo malone for awhile as well! love your blog <3

    be well! xx

    laurieamedina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for your comment! It's such a gorgeous scent and Jo Malone is such a nice brand too. Glad you like our blog :)
      Hope to hear from you again soon
      Sophie x

      Delete