Monday 3 February 2014

January Favourites

Jess and I have decided to start doing a Monthly Favourites Post and a Monthly Wishlist Post. We will take it in turns to do one of the posts each month. For February I will do the January Favourites Post and Jess will do a February Wishlist Post. Here is my list of favourite products for the month of January.

Urban  Decay  Makeup  Palette -
I got the Urban Decay Naked Palette for Christmas and I'm so happy with it. I don't have any of the Naked Palettes so I decided to ask for the original and then hopefully I'll build up my collection. The Palette contains 12 gorgeous eyeshadow shades and I know I will get some good use out of most of them. My favourite shades at the moment are Sin, Sidecar, Half Baked and Toasted. 

Swatches:- Sin, Sidecar, Half Baked, Toasted

Buy the Urban Decay Naked Palette here:-  http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores

Nars Creamy  Concealer -

I originally bought this because Jess recommended it to me and said it was amazing so I purchased it from the Nars counter in Selfridges and I absolutely love it. This is one of the best concealers I've ever tried as I can get quite bad blemishes on my skin and this covers them up so well. I love the thick texture of the concealer and it comes in a wide range of colours too. I have the colour custard which blends in really well with my Nars Sheer Matte Foundation in Fiji.
Buy the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer here :- http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Categories/The-Selfridges-edit

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien -



I posted about this Lip Pencil in one of our Christmas blogs when me and Jess bought ourselves a little Christmas treat. It is so easy to use and even though it is a pencil it feels moisturising and doesn't dry out my lips. The beautiful rose pink colour is so wearable and it's great for an easy day time look. I already have the colour Yu and I want to buy so many other colours.
Buy the Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien here:- http://uk.spacenk.com/satin-lip-pencil/MUS300023951.html

Essie Nail Varnish in It's Genius -



Essie nail varnish is a relatively recent discovery of mine but once I tried it I was converted. They come in such a wide range of gorgeous colours and my collection is slowly building up. I find their nail varnishes don't chip as easily as most nail varnishes do for me and the nail varnishes have really cute names as well. It's Genius is a beautiful shimmery violet quartz purple colour with brown undertones and this colour really brightened up my nails in January.
Buy the Essie It's Genius Nail Varnish here:- http://www.boots.com/en/Essie-Nail-Polish-Its-Genius-13-5ml_1343386/


Benefit Porefessional -




I received the Benefit Porefessional Primer as a present from my cousin for Christmas. I had a sample of this once but it was one of those products that I just forgot about so I was so happy when I got this. It came in a little set with a brightening primer and an eye cream too which was good. I love this product because there is a recognizable difference as soon as you use it, it smooths out the skin and covers pores because of the flesh coloured formula. Also what I like about this product is a little goes a long way and you don't have to use much for it to take full effect.
Buy the Benefit Porefessional Set here:- http://www.lookfantastic.com/benefit-pretty-porefect-set

Dermalogica Active Moist -

As I've been having problems with breakouts which led to me using drying products on my face recently I went to a local salon to see if there were any products that could help with my problems of both breakouts and dryness. I had a Dermalogica skin consultation and one of the products that was recommended to me was Dermalogica Active Moist. This moisturiser is great because although it helps add moisture it isn't thick and it's oil free therefore it doesn't cause breakouts on the skin and it doesn't feel heavy. I've found it has actually helped with some of my breakouts. However this product is quite expensive for quite a small tube. Overall this product has really helped my skin since I've used it and I would use it again.
Buy the Dermalogica Active Moist Moisturiser here:- http://www.dermalogica.co.uk/uk/html/products/active-moist-14.html


Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Bag -



This gorgeous makeup bag was a Christmas present from Jess and I love it so much. It's a great size so you can fit so much in it and the design is great too. It has red lipstick marks on the front and then a quote on the back saying "Give a woman the right make-up & she can conquer the world", a spin on a Marilyn Monroe quote about shoes. This makeup bag would be perfect for travelling with because of the size and it's made of canvas. It also had the Charlotte Tilbury logo in gold on the front. I hope this is the first item in what I hope will be my huge Charlotte Tilbury makeup collection.
Buy the Charlotte Tilbury Make-up Bag here:- http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/

Wildfox 'It Could Happen' Jumper - 


This was another present that I got for Christmas and it is one of my favourite items of clothing for January. It is a black baggy jumper, a welcome essential in my wardrobe, and it has white sequins stitched on the bottom in the shape of the Manhattan skyline. I have 2 Wildfox T-Shirts and I love the Wildfox Brand because their slogans and designs are current and fun. I also love the name of the jumper 'It Could Happen' associated with New York and Manhattan, one of my favourite places in the world.  I can tell I am going to get a lot of use out of this jumper.
Buy the Wildfox It Could Happen Jumper here:- http://www.wildfoxcouture.com/it-could-happen-school-girl-vneck-sweater


Girls - 

My favourite TV Show for January is the HBO series Girls. I'd heard some good reviews about this show but I only started watching it this January and I think it's hilarious. I've managed to watch every episode in January so I'm up to date with the live episodes now. I think Lena Dunham is amazing for portraying Girls differently and in a realistic way and I love the fact that it's set in New York too. Each week I can't wait for the next episode to be aired so I can watch it. 


What were your favourites in January?


No comments:

Post a Comment