Wednesday 9 September 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Haul and Review

(I may have also purchased a sneaky Nars product during my CT haul)

Charlotte Tilbury is my favourite makeup brand and has been for quite a while now. So as soon as I got some birthday money I headed straight to Selfridges to try out some of her new products. Charlotte Tilbury has recently launched her Eyes To Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadow collection and her limited edition Norman Parkinson collection. When I was at the counter I picked up two cream eyeshadows and a cream blush and lipstick from the Norman Parkinson collection. 

Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadows 


I decided to pick up two shades from the Eyes to Mesmerise collection, Norma Jean and Marie Antoinette. I went for these two because they were the two I had my eyes on as soon as the collection came out. 


Norma Jean is a pretty shimmery champagne shade named after Marilyn Monroe before she was famous. It's a great product to make you look glamorous with minimal effort. This shade really opens up the eyes and can be worn both night and day depending on how much you apply. 


The second shade I picked up was Marie Antoinette named after the famous Queen of France. Charlotte Tilbury describes it as an "antique oyster gold hue". It's hard to fully describe the taupe/bronze shade but that's what I love about it, it's so unique. It's also perfect for a day or a night time look depending on how you apply it. 




The formula is quite watery but that means that it is easily blendable once applied, which means you have more time to work with it. I prefer this formula to Charlotte Tilburys eyeshadow pencils that dry quite quickly and are hard to blend out. The watery consistency also looks really pretty on the eyes. It dries well and relatively quickly while still keeping that sheer effect. The colour lasts a really long time too with minimal creasing or sliding. They also come in gorgeous packaging, like all Charlotte Tilbury products. I can't wait to try some more shades. 

Norman Parkinson Matte Revolution Lipstick



The Matte Revolution Lipsticks are also a new edition to the Charlotte Tilbury collection, and I have wanted to try some for a while, but I had to go for the limited edition Norman Parkinson one as soon as I saw it. Charlotte has released two shades for the Norman Parkinson collection, Miss Kensington and 1975 Red. I went for 1975 Red because it is the perfect orange red lipstick shade. 


It's one of those colours that is bold but can work on almost anyone. It's fun, flirty and summery but with an air of sophistication. The texture is matte but still hydrating and it lasts for such a long time on the lips. It looks great with a clear lipgloss over the top too. It's perfect for a bold lip look on a summer night out paired with a bronzey glow. I also like to wear it in a more muted way for the day time, applying only a small amount and blending it out. It's been my favourite lip look of the summer. 


Norman Parkinson Colour of Youth


This is possibly the prettiest product I have ever purchased, from the light pink box to the gold packaging with Norman Parkinson's beautiful wife Wenda on the front. Even the cream blush itself looks so pretty I didn't want to ruin it by touching it. If you want to splash out on a pricey but worthy product then I'd recommend this beauty before it's gone. 


The colour is a soft rosy pink that leaves a natural, glowy, fresh effect on the skin. It is the perfect everyday cream blush that can also be used as a hydrating lip colour. It's luxurious in every way, including the formula which contains Hyaluronic acid to keep the skin moisturised and youthful. Apply a small amount with the fingertips or a stippling brush to create a dreamy flush. 


Have you tried any of Charlotte Tilbury's new collections? 

No comments:

Post a Comment