Thursday 3 September 2015

August Favourites

It's the beginning of September which means it's that time to look back on the past month and see what we have loved for the past 31 days. I've got quite a few new discoveries on my August Favourites this time around, and I can't get enough of all of them!




Rimmel Salon Pro by Kate Nail Varnish in Hip Hop



I have worn this nail varnish shade for almost the whole length of August. It's the perfect bright corally red shade for summer. It lasts a really long time which is quite a feat for me as most of my nail varnish chips after a few days. If you use two coats, and then add a clear coat of Rimmel Top Coat, it can last for about a week. I've had quite a few compliments about the colour too. The best part about this purchase it that it's only £4.49! I'm definitely going to try out some different shades next time I raid Boots.

Jo Malone Hand and Body Lotion in Nectarine Blossom and Honey



This was a 21st birthday gift from Jess and I absolutely love it. It smells incredible, like most Jo Malone products, I just want to eat it! The Nectarine Blossom and Honey scent is floral and fruity at the same time. The lotion is really moisturizing, and not too thick and sticky like some lotions can be. Another bonus is that it lasts a really long time and I can usually smell the product on me for the rest of the day.

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Anita



This was also a 21st birthday present off a friend, and I've used it so much. I already had the Nars Audacious Lipsticks in a dark red shade called Charlotte and a dark pink shade called Audrey, which I have worn on many a night out. So I was so happy that I got more of an everyday shade like Anita, I wore it to work quite a lot this month. It's a beautiful rosey pink shade and it's creamy but lasts a few hours without having to reapply. I love the sleek black packaging too, it makes the lipstick seem even more luxurious.


Stila Eyes Are the Window Eyeshadow Palette in Soul



I bought this palette in Sephora in my final days in New York. I'd read good reviews online and when I finally saw the palette in real life I just had to have it (I may have routed through a few drawers which I'm pretty sure customers aren't supposed to go in). It has a mixture of warm, cool, matte and shimmery shades. The colours blend really well and the colour pay off is amazing. I bought the palette in America but they are available online in the UK. There are 3 other versions of the palette too if this one doesn't float your boat.

Charlotte Tilbury Cream Eyeshadows in Norma Jean and Marie Antoinette



I'd been waiting for these bad boys to arrive for a long time and waited until I got some money for my birthday so I could splurge at the Charlotte Tilbury counter. I'm so glad I bought these. I love the two shades Norma Jean, a shimmery champagne colour, and Marie Antoinette, a taupe brown. The colour pay off is great and you only need a tiny bit to cover the whole eyelid. They also last all day long with barely any smudging or movement on the eyelids. 

Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in 1975 Red



If you read my August Wishlist, you'll know I was going through a bit of an orangey-red lip phase during August. I tried a few including the Kendall Jenner limited edition lipstick and the Revlon Ultra HD lipstick in Poppy, but my favourite one was the Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in 1975 Red. It's orangey red but not too orange. The formula is matte but is really creamy and doesn't dry out the lips at all, and it lasts a long time. It's great for a summer night time lip or I like to apply a small amount and then blend it out on the lips for a more subtle day time look. 

Tiffany Key Necklace



I've got a bit of a theme going on here but this was also a 21st birthday present off my mum. I knew I wanted something Tiffany for my 21st so when my mum asked if I wanted anything I gave her a list of a few Tiffany items I'd wanted for a while. She chose this beautiful Knot Key Pendant. I've always wanted something from the Key collection since it was released. I love the knot pattern in the middle of the key and that it has the Tiffany Blue enamel. I wanted to save it for special occasions but I've worn it pretty much everyday since I got it. It's so pretty, I just can't help myself. 


What have your favourites been throughout August?

No comments:

Post a Comment