Friday 4 September 2015

5 Beauty Products Worth The Price Tag


Sometimes, being a beauty addict is hard. Buying high end make up is a gamblers game; sometimes you hit gold, other times you don't. If it's the latter, parting with what seems like extortionate amounts of money for something that runs out, dries up or becomes abandoned in the abyss otherwise known as the beauty drawer because it didn't live up to expectations can be soul destroying. But when you hit gold and find that product you would sell your left kidney for, let alone £40, you know your make-up bag will never look the same again and all the risks would have paid off.

The following 5 products are, in my opinion, worth every penny and will repurchase time and time again...


Tom Ford Brow Sculptor


Since I bought this product, I have never had a bad-brow-day: bold statement, I know. When I use it, it is impossible to have a bad-brow-day as it just makes them perfect. I don't know how it does it; it is truly magical. At £35, this bad boy is pricey, but in my opinion, you can't put a price on great brows.
The sculptor has two ends: one a spooly, the other a waxy textured pencil-crayon thing (very bad description, sorry) and also has a pull out sharpener which keeps the tip nice and sharp. The 'calligraphy' tip means that you can use thin strokes towards the end of the brows, but wider and softer strokes towards the front. The formula is soft and waxy which makes the filled in brows look natural but also stays in place all day.


By Terry Ombre Blackstar


Over the last couple of years cream eyeshadow sticks seem to have been all the rage, and for good reason. Due to their popularity, the market is awash with what seems like 1000's of different brands, colours, textures and finishes but nobody does them quite as well as By Terry. I have two shades: Frozen Quartz and Misty Rock. Frozen Quartz is a beautiful pale shimmery pink, and Misty Rock a bronze/mauve-y brown colour. They apply ridiculously easily, literally swipe a bit on, blend it a bit with your finger or a fluffy brush, and your good to go. The formulas are incredibly long lasting and the packaging is simple and elegant. They are expensive at £29, but a little goes a long way and they last a fair amount of time before running out or drying up.


Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette


I did a full review on the Vintage Vamp palette last year (check that out here), but since then I have also bought the palette in The Sophisticate. If you are a neutrals girl like me, this palette is perfect for you. It has four matte neutral shades: a pale cream, a light brown, a dark grey and a dark chocolate brown. With this palette you can create a natural, barely there day look, or a dramatic brown smokey evening look. As with all Charlotte Tilbury products, the packaging is beautiful and the formulas and pigmentation are perfect.


YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick


YSL is my favourite brand for high end lipsticks. I love the packaging, smell, formula and colour range; I can't find a bad word to say about them. The shades I have are Rouge Eros (which I can not find anywhere, think it's time for a major make up tidy up - so you can read a mini review I did last year of this shade here) and I have recently got the shade Rose Stiletto (pictured). I find the formula really pigmented, moisturising and super long lasting.


Charlotte Tilbury Colour of Youth Lip and Cheek Glow


Sophie kindly surprised me with this blush for my 21st birthday. Before we go any further let's all just take a few seconds to appreciate the packaging... This cream blusher is part of Charlotte Tilbury's new limited edition collection which celebrates the work of famous photographer Norman Parkinson, the beautiful woman gracing the compact is Wenda, Norman's wife and muse. The blusher is a subtle and delicate rose glow, it is weightless and creamy and lasts all day.

What beauty products do you feel are worth the price tag?



No comments:

Post a Comment