Monday 9 June 2014

What's In My Holiday Make-Up Bag?

As this post goes live I will be 30000 feet up in the air on my way to Valencia, Spain. I am taking a little 5 day mini break to the city with my sister after a stressful few weeks of exams where we can explore the city, relax on the beach, get some sunshine and of course drink plenty of sangria and eat far too much tapas.

My sister and I only have a suitcase between us which means I need to pack light (FYI, I am really not very good at packing light) and everything that goes into the suitcase is probably going to have a vigorous screening process by my sister followed by a few 'you don't need that', 'you won't use this' and 'we're not taking them'. I think there is going to have to be a little bit of sneaking things in the suitcase when her back his turned as think she will not understand why I need 2 mascaras, 3 concealers and 6 lipsticks for 5 days...


Firstly the make-up bags I am taking is this beautiful deep purple Saffiano leather DKNY bag which will hold all my make-up essentials, I am then taking this New York print white canvas bag also DKNY as my overflow make-up bag which holds my brushes, my Naked palette, perfume, nail varnish and other bits and bobs.


Starting with the purple bag I am taking: my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in Porcelain and also a sample sized of the shade darker (Nude) to mix in if I tan, Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair, MaxFactor Colour Correct stick for under eye circles, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat, MAC blush in Taupe Shape (which I use as bronzer), Nars Deep Throat blusher, Rimmel Stay Matte powder, Laura Mercier Long Lash mascara, Chanel Le Volume De Chanel mascara, Maybelline Gel Liner in black, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bronze on Bronze, MAC eyeshadow duo of Omega and Concrete which I use for my brows and Natural Collection clear mascara which I also use for my brows.


And finally I am taking the following lipsticks: MAC Patisserie, Topshop Brighton Rock, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 05, Rimmel Apocalips in Across the Universe and L'Oreal Liquid Lipstick in 500 Molto Mauve. 


The white bag will hold my brushes and tools which get too squished in the purple bag, the original Naked palette, my Jo Malone perfume in English Pear and Freesia, the nail varnish on my toes which is Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in 416 Papaya, a few bits of jewelery and some hair accessories. 



For brushes I am taking: Real Techniques Stippling, Expert Face, Deluxe Crease and Base Shadow brushes, MAC 239, 217, 263 and 129, Topshop Large Shadow and Angled Brow brush, Bare Minerals Soft Sweep Cheek brush, Bobbi Brown Foundation Brush, an ELF Spoolie and Charlotte Tilbury Eyelash Curlers. 

That ended up being a long post! Reading back through this post maybe this is a bit excessive for 5 days, I'll let you know when I get back if my bossy sister made me leave anything behind... 


1 comment:

  1. Some great choices, I'm trying to work out what to take on my holiday in a couple of weeks. So hard as you don't know what you're going to want out there haha. Really need to get my hands on the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser.

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete