Saturday 7 June 2014

Empties #1

Welcome to my first 'Empties' post! I can't decide whether I like the concept of this empties post or not, on the one hand it gives that immense satisfaction that I have actually finished a whole product before I have got bored of it, however; on the other hand it means I have to make that all important decision on if I splash out on a repurchase or not. Anyway, here are all the products I have used up in the past month or so and if I would repurchase or not...



1. Nude Oil Cleanser

I have loved using this cleanser, it is the first oil cleanser I ever tried and I have been a convert ever since. It dissolves all. traces of make-up effortlessly and leaves my skin feeling super soft and smooth without any tightness or dry patches. (TIP: do not travel with this product! Mine finished much before it should have, whilst traveling recently I had a rather large leakage situation and it caused one very disastrous mess!)

Repurchase? Although I do love this, I have recently found a cheaper alternative which I think I like even better (The Body Shop Camomile Oil) so probably not - I think I will do I review on the near future of some of the Body Shop's skincare range as I have been completely loving it recently.


2. Bioderma Micelle Solution

The cult beauty blogger classic: Bioderma Micelle water most people have probably heard of by now, it is a solution gentle enough for sensitive skin buy powerful enough to remove the most stubborn.
Repurchase? At this particular moment, probably not, it is amazing at removing stubborn eye make up but nothing the oil cleanser mentioned above can't deal with, I sometimes find it a little drying to my skin and can leave my feeling a bit flaky and tight.


3. Soap and Glory Hand Food

I love love love love this hand cream! It smells amazing and leaves hands feeling incredibly moisturised and soft without leaving hands with a greasy residue. This size is also perfect to carry around in your handbag!
Repurchase? Yes of course! It is written down on my shopping list for tomorrow.


4. Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream

This is hands down my all-time-favourite moisturiser, and with this product it really shows that you pay for what you get. It instantly hydrates skin and leaves skin incredibly smooth. I also have quite sensitive skin and it really soothes and calms down any sensitivity.
Repurchase? 100% yes, as soon as I can bring myself to part with the £50.


5. Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream

This is the cream I go for when money is a little tight and the £50 for the moisturiser above is a little steep. It is a really really good cream and leaves my skin hydrated and comfortable.
Repurchase? Yes, this is also on my shopping list for tomorrow!


6. Yankee Candle Soft Blanket

There is nothing nicer that coming home from a long day at uni and lighting a gorgeous smelling candle and just relaxing. This one smells really warm and comforting; definitely one of my favorite from Yankee.
Repurchase? I would definitely buy Yankee Candle again, but I do like to mix my fragrances up a bit. I have recently bought one in the scent 'Lake Sunset' which is much more summery and fruity. I will probably repurchase when autumn and winter come back around as it is a bit more of a warm and cozy scent.


7. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer

Lastly, my Nars concealer has finally run out :( . My shade is Vanilla and is a complete bitch to get hold of, I have been saving the very last bit for ages now but fianlly finished it off a couple of days ago, for more information about the product you can read this post here.

Repurchase? Yes, as soon as I can get hold of it! It is getting a bit ridiculous now, I have literally been waiting for months - what is the matter with you Nars?!, make some more!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment