Monday 2 June 2014

May Favourites

It's my turn to do the favourites this month. I always struggle to pick my top choices because I usually love the same things every month and feel like I'm repeating myself. Also May hasn't been the best month for trying out new products and finding new favourites as I've had courswork to hand in and exams for Uni. However I have managed to choose some products that I haven't talked about that much before or I've recently bought and loved. Here are my favourites from the month of May.



Celine New Audrey Sunglasses



Luckily in the month of May we actually had a bit of sun, even if it was for a short period of time. Because it was so sunny I had a chance to break out my favourite sunglasses from Celine, named after the great Audrey Hepburn. These were somewhat of an impulse buy on my holiday to New York last July (I got slightly carried away with spending) and as soon as I saw them I had to have them. They cost quite a bit of money but I know I will get a lot of use out of them and will be in style for a long time.

Stila Eyeshadow in Golightly




I've really been enjoying using this as an every day eyeshadow throughout May. I'm really glad I decided to buy this colour from Space NK. It's a gorgeous metallic bronze/gold colour that is quite similar to Mac's Woodwinked. It has a creamy texture and is easily blendable and a little goes a long way too. I love to wear this colour either day or night. I also love the name of this eyeshadow named after Audrey Hepburn's famous character Holly Golightly in my favourite film Breakfast at Tiffany's. 

Essie Nail Varnish in California Coral




Essie is my favourite Nail Varnish brand, I love how many different colours they have on offer and they always release so many limited edition shades too. The Essie nail colour I've been paticularly loving this month is California Coral. It's a bright orange/pink coral shade that is perfect for spring to brighten up any look. I've worn it a few times now in May and it lasts a decent amount of time too before chipping and applies really easily.


Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Palette in Dolce Vita 



This is one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes of all time, never mind just for the month of May. I don't like to use it very often because it's so gorgeous and special but I've found myself reaching for it a few times in May now. There are 4 great and unique shades in this palette and they are designed to go really well together for one great eye look. You get a Prime, Enhance, Smoke and Pop shade that all blend in together for the perfect night time eye look. 

L'oreal Colour Riche in Rouge Soprano and Molto Mauve



These new gems have been my favourite lip products for the month of May. They are £8.99 which is expensive for a drugstore product but they are very similar to YSL Vernis a Levres Glossy Stains. In fact they smell/taste a bit better than the YSL ones which can be slightly overpowering. In comparison to the YSL Glossy Stains they don't have as good staying power and there are a lot less colours than YSL. However there are some great shades to choose from. The two that I have are 301 Rouge Soprano and 500 Molto Mauve. Rouge Soprano is a gorgeous orange based red shade perfect for the spring/summer months and also I good shade for the night time and Molto Mauve is a light pink/mauve colour which is the perfect everyday pinky nude shade. I love this product and want to buy so many more shades including Nude Ballet which Kim Kardashian wore on her wedding day!


Breaking Bad



I know I'm slightly behind on this one but I finally finished Breaking Bad! I started watching it at the beginning of the Uni year in October because I studied it for a module I was doing and I was hooked for a while. Then I decided to take a break because I had been watching it so quickly and it isn't the easiest of watching so I'd usually choose something more lighthearted instead. However as dreaded revision approached I decided to pick it back up again as procrastination. The final two seasons were incredible and I am glad I waited a bit to watch them. This is such a good TV series, as I'm sure most of you have heard, and if you are thinking of watching it I would definitely recommend it.


What have been your favourites for the month of May?

No comments:

Post a Comment