Monday 21 July 2014

All-Time Top 5 Concealers


5. Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick in Porcelain 

This concealer is perfect for throwing in your handbag and using on-the-go, it is slim and compact but delivers a creamy, full coverage that lasts for hours. It covers imperfections, blemishes and redness and suitable for any skin type. I use it throughout the day to touch up where my foundation may have rubbed off, it comes in 19 shades (my shade is Porcelain) and retails at £20.

4. Benefit Boi-ing in 01 Light

My first ever blog post called 5 Beauty Products I Can't Live Without featured this concealer and although it has been pushed off the concealer top spot since last September I still like it very much. I find it a really good blemish concealer, especially as it has anti-bacterial properties. I apply a small amount to a spot with a traditional concealer brush then buff it out with a fluffy brush. It is long lasting and a little goes a long way. Although it looks quite dark in the picture, my shade is 01 Pale, I have had this one a while and think it has oxidised a bit so after I write this post I think I will have to throw it away. It comes in 5 different shades and costs £17.50.

3. Collection Lasting Perfection in Fair 

I have talked a lot about this concealer and you can read about it in more detail over on this post. This is a really good concealer for it price, at £4.19 you can't really go wrong. I like the coverage of this concealer and its lasting power (although I'm not sure I would agree with the 16 hours Collection claims it has). However, this one does have a couple of drawbacks, firstly the poor colour range means I can only use it as a brightening concealer under my eyes as it is too pale for blemishes but the next shade up is far too dark. Also, my shade (Fair) is such a pain to get hold of I usually end up giving up finding it.

2. Make Up Forever Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream in Pink Porcelain 

This is the newest concealer to my collection and featured recently in my June Favourites post. Often used by professional make up artists, it is one of the most full-coverage concealers on the market and can cover pretty much anything from spots and blemishes to scars and tattoos. It is a little more on the pricier side at $32 but you only need a teeny weeny amount and I only use it when i have some serious spots going on. My shade is Pink Porcelain and it can now be bought online in the UK from Sephora.com.

1. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla

Finally, my holy grail concealer, the concealer that is so hard to get hold of it literally took me months to repurchase (I was on the waiting list at 3 different SpaceNK's!). For some reason Nars have difficulty making enough of this concealer in my shade 'Vanilla' and there is always a shortage, but fear not - I got hold of one recently when I was down in London so I am ok for a while now. I've talked quite in depth about this concealer on a recent post which I will link here, where I compared the this concealer to the Collection one above. The main differences I find between them are that the Nars colour range is a million times better, I find it more long lasting and finally I find it a bit better at covering blemishes.

Are any of these concealers your favourite? If not, what is your fave? - I am always on the hunt for a good concealer!


4 comments:

  1. The Nars concealer would have to be my favourite too, I like the Collection one as well but definitely find it not so long lasting and sometimes it can cake. I quite like the Rimmel Wake me Up one as well.

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I haven't tried the Rimmel one before, maybe I will give it a go.

      Jess x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Nars concealer, ive heard amazing things! My faves are Mac Select Cover, and Mac Studio Finish :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never actually tried a Mac concealer before, but I have heard great things about the Select Cover. I will keep it in mind when I am next on the hunt for a new concealer!

      Jess xx

      Delete