Wednesday 9 July 2014

July Wishlist

Wow, how fast did June go? I'm happy that it's July now though because it's my Birthday month (and Jess' too!). Seeming as it's my Birthday I thought I'd do a bit of an extended, more miscellaneous wishlist for this month, with more products than usual.



Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner

Everyone in the beauty world has been talking about this new eyeliner release from Benefit. I think eyeliner will always be one of those things that no matter how much a girl practices, she will make mistakes a lot of the time, especially when it comes to the perfect winged eyeliner. Either you end up being a bit heavy handed and putting on too thick of a line or you're never able to match the perfection of the first eye the second time round. However this eyeliner looks like it could solve all our eyeliner problems. Their new unique eyeliner pen with an accuflex tip looks so easy and simple to use. There's been so much hype about this product I can't wait to try it out myself.

Diptyque Candle

I've always wanted a Diptyque Candle. Not only do they smell delicious, but the little pots they come in are so cute and can be used afterwards to store things like makeup brushes and would look great on a dressing table. I really want to sort out my room and makeup storage too and this would be a nice little addition when I've finished. The only issue now is deciding which candle to get! I love Baies, Fressia and Mimosa as well as Roses and Ambre.

A New Camera

I'm going to be living in America for a year starting from mid-August and that means there will be so many photo opportunities and I plan to travel as much as is humanly possible so I feel like I need a new camera. It would also come in really handy for blogging too! I've had a tiny Kodak compact digital camera since I was 14 and mainly use my phone for pictures these days but a nice new, possibly more technical, camera would be so useful for my year abroad.

Muji Storage Drawers

Any beauty addict will know that there comes a point where the many makeup bags filled with products (and counting) just won't do anymore and you need a long term solution to store a growing makeup collection. I think the time has come for me to invest in some clear Muji storage drawers, for my sanity if nothing else! There is nothing more frustrating than rooting through bags of makeup and being unable to find that one product you need in a morning. I also forget about what I actually have if it's not in my everyday makeup bag so I end up using the same products everyday. If my makeup was nicely organized though I would use so much more and I wouldn't waste so much time when getting ready!

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow and Powder and Sculpt Brush

Ever since Charlotte Tilbury released her makeup collection I have lusted over these two products ever since. I've bought a few products from the collection now including the Dolce Vita eyeshadow palette, the Sex on Fire Cheek to Chic Blush, the Rock and Kohl eyeliner as well as two lipsticks in So Marilyn and Bitch Perfect. Now that I'm going to America for a year Charlotte Tilbury won't be as easy to get my hands on so I feel like I need to get them now or I'll have to wait a really long time to buy them (and I don't think I can last that long!) This bronzer/highlighter duo looks incredible and I love the rose gold packaging. Also I've heard good things about the Sculpt Brush, especially when using the Filmstar Bronze and Glow!


Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

Sometimes you just need a change up in your makeup routine. Using the same product every day for a long time can get boring. That's why I've decided I need a new foundation. I currently use Nars Sheer Matte but after going through two bottles of it I'm getting bored and I feel like it doesn't impress me and meet my skin needs like it used to. Also the colour was a shade too dark for me now my tan has faded. So now I want to try the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. I originally wanted this one and tested it out but when I got to Sephora in New York I picked up the Sheer Matte by accident. I still hear great reviews about Sheer Glow too and it seems more blend-able with a medium coverage but still suitable for oily skin.

Becca Ever Matte Priming Perfector

I've never really classed primers as an essential part of my beauty routine but I feel like I should start using one, especially since I have quite oily skin and after a few hours from application my makeup starts to wear off and my face becomes shinier. Therefore this Becca Matte primer seems perfect for what I need in a primer, one that makes my makeup last and mattifies my skin throughout the day.


Marc Jacobs Pink Honey and Daisy Dream

I love a good Marc Jacobs fragrance, my favourite and signature scent being Daisy Eau So Fresh (which I have repurchased so many times) but I also have Daisy and Dot. I was so excited when Marc revealed he would be releasing a new fragrance this month called Daisy Dream! This one comes in a clear bottle with a light blue liquid inside and of course cute daisies printed all over. It's supposed to be a mixture of fruity and floral notes which sounds amazing to me! I can't wait to try it out. I also really like the Honey scent but haven't gotten round to buying it yet and I tried the limited edition Pink edition at Selfridges and now I really want that too! What can I say? I'm a sucker for all things Marc Jacobs!

What's on your wishlist for this month?

3 comments:

  1. Some great items, I really want the Charlotte Tilbury brush it sounds amazing, jealous of you already having the Dolce Vita eye palette too haha.

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I know that brush just seems incredible! I love all of the Charlotte Tilbury range I've tried so far so I hope the brush will be just as good. Haha that palette is gorgeous, it's definitely worth it if you're thinking of buying a high end eyeshadow quad :)
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment! The Muji drawers seem perfect don't they! I'm scared to buy them online without seeing them in person, maybe I should organize my collection first before buying them. Thank you, I'll follow you back and read your blog too :)
    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete