Tuesday 8 July 2014

June Favourites

Sorry there have been no posts from me in a little while, June ended up being quite a hectic busy month for me with exams, holidays, moving out of uni and getting a job - all in one month! Anyway, here are the things I have been loving this month:



1. The Body Soft Camomile Cleansing Butter




I have been loving some of the Body Shop's skincare range recently, I think I will do a full blog post about all the things I have been trying in the near future. I have the oil form of this cleanser which I have been using for quite a while but I bought this one to take on holiday as the oil leaks and causes a disastrous mess in your suitcase (as I found out a few months ago). You massage the butter into dry skin then wet your hands slightly and continue to work into the skin then rinse off or use a muslin cloth to remove. It smells really lovely and delicate and leaves my skin feeling super soft.

2. Make Up Forever Full Cover HD Concealer



I bought this at the beginning of the month when I was away in Spain and got a chance to raid Sephora. It is an extremely high coverage, waterproof concealer and covers almost any blemish or imperfection. You only need the tiniest amount which I work into a blemish with my finger before foundation then buff around the edges of the spot with a fluffy brush to blend in the product. I have had a really spotty chin over the last few weeks do this concealer has been extremely useful. 

3. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush


I have recently switched from using foundation to using a tinted moisturiser and felt like the Stippling Brush I usually use for foundation just wasn't working as well for the tinted moisturiser. I felt I needed a brush with denser hairs but still had lots of movement in the bristles and the Expert Face brush fit the bill perfectly. It leaves a medium coverage but leaves a completely flawless finish. 

4. Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition in Ole Flamingo


These little guys have been doing the rounds on beauty blogs for a couple of months now and with good reason. They are liquid lipsticks in amazing, vivid colours that stay for hours and hours and leave a lovely matte, velvet finish. The colour I have is a bright shocking pink which is perfect for summer but I do want to get my hands on a couple of other colours too.  

5. Clinique 'Neutral Territory 2' 8 Pan Palette



One thing I definitely didn't need in my make up collection was another neutrals palette, but I bought one anyway! I can get away with this one though as I bought it in America for a great bargain at $20. It has 8 neutral shimmery shades ranging from a sparkling white to a deep warm brown. This palette is perfect for traveling with a slim compact and a great mirror. My favourite shades in the palette are 3rd and 5th from the left.


What have you favourites been this month, drop a comment down below! Also don't forget to check back in the next couple of days to see Sophie's wishlist this month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment