Wednesday 11 December 2013

Blogmas Day 8: Winter Skin Saviours

Your skin and winter are never going to be best friends, with temperature fluctuations, dry central heating and harsh winds your skin becomes much more dehydrated and irritated. I have very dehydrated skin all year round and during winter it becomes increasingly hard to keep hydrated, however, the following skincare products are what I have tried and feel work the best to keep my skin looking healthy and feeling hydrated. 

Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser

Dermalogica is my favourite skincare brand at the moment, I started using them early this year and have seen a massive improvement in my skin. This cleanser is perfect for sensitive and dehydrated skin like mine as it takes off any make-up and dirt off the face very very gently. 

Bioderma Hydrabio Micelle Solution for Sensitive Dehydrated Skin


Every time is use this I'm amazed by how it works, I use it to take off my make-up on a cotton pad just before I cleanse and it is fantastic. It is gentler to the skin than normal tap water yet removes even the toughest waterproof mascara in one stroke. It is quite hard to get hold on in England but if you can, I would definitely recommend for all skin types.

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream


I recently got a few samples of this in my Birchbox and loved it straight away. It comes out like a wax and you rub it in your hands until it turns into an oil and then put anywhere that is really dry. I wouldn't recommend using this in the day as it leaves a very shiny finish but I find it perfect for the evenings just before I go to bed.

Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream


I use this to keep my lips hydrated all year round and is constantly kept at easy reach in my handbag. It is not the nicest looking or smelling product but it really helps keep lips nice and soft. I find it also acts as a protective layer on top of my lips and shields them from the harsh weather conditions and temperature changes. 

Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque


Every so often if your skin is feeling particularly dry use a really hydrating masque to quench your skin's thirst. I use it when i have a bath and leave to soak in for about 20 minutes before gentally removing with the Bioderma Micelle Solution.  

Clarins Blue-Orchid Face Treatment Oil


Last but not least I use this face oil in the evenings after I have cleansed and moisturised. It helps replace the missing oils in your skin and helps to revitalise your skin. 

What are you skincare saviours in winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment