Sunday 25 May 2014

7 Days, 7 Lipsticks

This week I decided to challenge myself to wear a different lipstick everyday of the week, during the week I am usually extremely lazy when it comes to lips; I mostly just whack on what's in my handbag whilst I'm rushing out the door. With a few weeks of solid revision for my uni exams looming ahead of me I decided to set aside a precious two minutes in the morning rush to brighten up the day with a different lipstick. It also gave me the opportunity to have a good dig around in my lipstick box and come across some little treasures I had forgotten all about! Here is how I got on:

Monday - MAC Patisserie 



I thought I would start the week off with the newest addition to the lipstick family, I bought it a few days ago after reading beauty blogger ViviannaDoesMakeup's recommendation. It's a lovely pink nude, your-lips-but-better lipstick in the 'Lustre' finish. 

Tuesday - Tarte Glamazon Lipstick in Inspired



Another relatively new one today, I splurged on this little beauty a few weeks ago whilst I was in America and I love it!  It is a really hydrating, rich formula which stays put for absolutely ages. It is a really pretty pink colour with the most beautiful packaging you have ever seen. 

Wednesday - Chanel Rouge Allure in 105 Inimitable 



I thought it was time to spice things up today and went for a deep red colour. I never ever usually wear bold lipsticks on a normal boring day but today I went for it. The Rouge Allure formula is probably my all time favourite and this colour is a beautiful deep blue-based red with a hint on sparkle. The formula is rich, pigmented, hydrating and really long lasting. 

Thursday - Revlon Lip Butter in 001 Pink Truffle



Today was just a boring day in my flat revising so I wanted something natural looking and easy to wear, I went for a wash of this lip butter in a beautiful dull pink as it is really moisturising and leaves a lovely glowing shine. I almost always have this in my handbag as it's so useful for on the go and the colour is super buildable. The only downside is that it doesn't have the best staying power, but you can't have everything! 

Friday - Topshop Beguiled



I think Topshop lipsticks are really underrated in the beauty world, I think they are one of my favourite budget beauty brands and they have such a good selection of colours. This lipstick can be built up to a really intense colour but I just decided to create a wash with my finger, the formula isn't drying, long lasting and affordable. 

Saturday - Topshop Brighton Rock



I enjoyed the Topshop lipstick I was wearing so much, I popped out and bought another one! This is a gorgeous springy-summery bright pink with a matt finish. It's so bright and pretty; I am completely in love with it! I am sure this will end up being my favourite lipstick of the summer. 

Sunday - Chanel Rouge Allure in 88 Evanescente


I though I would end the week with my all time favourite lipstick, Evanescente is the perfect pink-nude which keeps lips hydrated all day and really long-lasting colour. It has a satin finish and a more intense colour than the other Chanel lipstick formulas (Rouge Coco and Rouge Coco Shine). Unfortunately this lipstick is now discontinued but similar colours are Gracile (89) and Fantasque (112).

I had such fun doing this during the past week, why don't you give it a go too?


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea behind this post! My favorite is the Chanel Rouge! It's such a beautiful and classic red.
    http://www.alexandramariek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee I like this :) I like tuesday, wednesday, friday and saturday lipstick :)

    Beauty Bubble

    ReplyDelete