Friday 16 May 2014

Drugstore Dash

I, Jessica Anne Thompson, am a beauty-shopping-addict. I just popped into Superdrug to pick up some cotton wool and left with a bag full of beauty goodies and completely forgot about the cotton wool. Here is what I picked up:



Eylure Naturalites Lengthening Eyelashes



These were very much an impulse buy, didn't really need them but hey-ho. I've tried them on and they are ok, I definitely prefer the Eylure volumising eyelashes instead of the lengthening but I am sure I will get some wear out of them at some point. 

Revlon Super Lusterous Lipstick in 415 'Pink in the Afternoon'



I've wanted this lipstick for a while but always seem to forget when I'm out shopping, but today I remembered and threw one in my basket. I once read somewhere that this was Audrey Hepburn's go to lipstick back-in-the-day and wore it throughout her most famous films, including Breakfast at Tiffany's. The colour is a gorgeous pinky-nude and I will certainly be getting a lot of use out of this. 

Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast Lipbalm



Newsflash: I actually used up a whole lipbalm without losing it. This never happens, never ever. I usually go through lipbalms at lightning pace because I always seem to loose them but the last one I had (which was the Blistex MediCare in Cherry or something along those lines, I can't quite remember) I finished I couple of weeks ago. I was just going to pick up a replacement but then this flavour caught my eye and it went straight in the basket. It smells and tastes amazing - not used it enough to judge whether its as good as the MediCare cherry one, but I will let you know. 

Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner in Black



I just picked this up as I forgot to bring my normal Rimmel Glam Eyes liquid liner back to uni with me after the Easter break. I've not heard any reviews about it or anything I just picked one of the cheapest ones their was and hoped for the best. I will let you know if it turns out to be any good or not. 

Maybelline Colour Sensation Lipstick in 175 'Pink Punch'






I have never actually tried a Maybelline lipstick before but this colour just popped out to me on the shelf. Its a gorgeous vibrant pink; nothing like I already have. I am trying to be a bit braver and bolder with my lip colours at the minute and trying to steer away from my fail-safe nudes, so hopefully I'll get a lot of wear out of it. 

Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser in 'Cocoa Radiant'



I bought this because I wanted a cheaper everyday body moisturiser so I don't have to use my expensive Laura Mercier everyday. On first impressions after the couple of times I've used it, I really don't like it. The moisture literally lasts for 10 minutes and then is completely gone, I think I will do a full in depth review in the near future after a bit more time using it so look out for that. 



1 comment:

  1. I love you blog, so I've nominated you for a Leibster Award. Keep it up x http://berrysmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete