Thursday 15 May 2014

Nars Hearts New York Set Review



Although this palette has actually been around for some time now (since last May), I only came across it a few months ago but discovered it was only sold in America (unfortunately, especially since I was there over summer) so I forgot about it but always secretly wanted it. Then I was looking for it again recently and came across the set on Ebay for £60. The product was actually being sold in America for $75 which works out at about £45 here so after a bit of haggling I got it down to £52, which is still good value in my eyes due to it's limited availability and it was the only one I have found that I can buy. And this set is definitely worth the money! Included in the cute little box is a palette with a Blusher in the colour Amour, a bronzer in Laguna and 4 eyeshadow shades in Biarritz, Nepal, New York and Galapagos as well as a Lipgloss in Dolce Vita and a Nail Varnish in China Town. The set is actually worth $107 and the lipgloss and nail varnish are full sized and the blusher and bronzer are actually slightly larger than the regular full size ones.

New York Palette




I love the eyeshadow colours in this palette. Biarritz is great for a highlighting shade for underneath the eyebrow or as an all over the lid base colour. Nepal is a gorgeous light neutral shimmery colour that is great for an everyday eyeshadow shade. New York is a beautiful and unique plum brown colour that I can't get enough of. Galapagos is a dark brown shimmery colour. The four colours work so well together when applied too. Although New York seems quite intimidating in the palette for a neutral eyeshadow lover like me, it looks amazing when applied and is a lot less scary than it seems. I also love the fact that you get slightly larger than full sized blusher and bronzer in this palette. The blush colour is Amour which is a pretty pink shade, perfect for spring and summer and it can be used subtly or can be built up for a bolder look. I'm so happy that this palette came with Laguna in it as well. Laguna is the cult Nars bronzer that every girl should try and now I finally have it. Overall I love this palette and I can tell I will get a lot of use out of it. I think this palette was really worth the money. Most similar palettes are sold for £45 but with this one you also got a full sized lipgloss and nail varnish for only £7 more, which would usually cost £14.50 and £18.50. 

Nail Varnish in China Town





I was pleasantly surprised by this Nail Varnish when I first tried it. I'd never tried a Nars Nail Varnish before and I'd never really heard anyone talk about them or review them before so trying one had never really crossed my mind but now I'm so glad I did. I love the dark red colour of the varnish and it lasts for a long time without chipping. The only downside I would say about this Nail Varnish is that if you were to buy it separately it would cost £14.50 which is almost double my favourite brand of Nail Varnish, Essie. Luckily though I got it in this set so didn't have to spend too much.

Lip Gloss in Dolce Vita




I actually really love this lip gloss too. I have never tried a Nars lip gloss before so this was my first and I was so impressed. The colour is a great dusty-rose pink shade that is close to the natural shade of my lips but better. I imagine if I had gone to the Nars counter just for a lip gloss I probably would have bought this one. The formula isn't too sticky and a little goes a long way. The only issue I have with this lip gloss is the scent is like plastic and although it isn't overpowering or unbearable, it would be so much more appealing with a nicer taste/scent to it. 


I'm so happy with my impulse purchase. If you are in America or going there soon the set is still available on the Nars website so get it while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment