Friday 21 March 2014

Charles Worthington Salon At Home Review

I have been using the Charles Worthington Salon at Home range for a good 9 months now and I can honestly say it's the best thing I've ever used on my hair. I use the Straight and Smooth shampoo, the Shine Booster conditioner and the Style Setter dry shampoo from the range. I used to use Charles Worthington products before their big formula and packaging re-vamp (remember when they were in them really awkward shaped bottles?) and thought they were average, not amazing so I stopped using them. They then caught my eye last year when I was going a little crazy in Boots and chucked them in my basket to give them a go and I am so glad I did so I thought I would do a little review for you.



















First up some general points, I personally think these products are really reasonably priced, especially for a salon brand: the shampoo and conditioner are £5.99 each and the dry shampoo is also £5.99 (RRP is £5.99, it can differ slightly depending where you buy). They all smell amazing, I won't try and describe the smell as I'm extremely bad at doing that - just give them a sniff yourself when you are next in Boots- and finally the packaging is nice and sleek, a really big improvement on the old bottles.





I use the Straight & Smooth shampoo as I have really thick wavy, frizzy hair which can go very much out of control if I don't use the right products. It really takes the frizz out of my hair and leaves it feeling super soft, sleek and smooth. Apparently it has an 'innovative 3D-Straight complex'- I have no idea what that means, but whatever it is, it works and is also apparently perfumed with red berries, vanilla bean and patchouli.

Now the frizz in my hair is controlled I use the Salon At Home Shine Booster conditioner do add some extra shine to my hair. I decided to use a shampoo and conditioner from the different ranges as I wanted to try and get the best of both worlds - I feel like the shampoo does enough frizz-taming so I don't feel like I need the matching conditioner and when I have used both the shine-booster shampoo and conditioner together it can feel a bit heavy on my hair. It leaves my hair feeling ultra-soft, really shiny and smooths out any tangles- what more could you want from a conditioner?
























Finally I use the Style Setter dry shampoo on second or even third day hair, it absorbs oil really well and doesn't leave white chalky residue which is hard to rub in like some other brands. Other brands like Batiste tend to make my head itch quite a bit, but this one doesn't, it also smells amazing and is really good at adding volume and texture to the hair 


Have you tried anything from the Salon at Home range?



No comments:

Post a Comment