Sunday 16 March 2014

Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Haul/Review

Ever since Charlotte Tilbury launched her own makeup collection I have obsessed over all of the products! I was too scared to purchase them because I had never seen them in real life, only on her website www.CharlotteTilbury.com . Then Jess got the Eyeshadow Palette in Vintage Vamp for Christmas and I fell in love. So I decided to be brave and order a few things for myself from the range. I ordered one of the 6 Shades of Love sets that were released just before Valentines Day because it included a K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick and a Cheek to Chic Blusher for £49. I also decided to get an eyeshadow palette for myself but I went for the Dolce Vita palette instead. All the products arrived in a gorgeous custom Charlotte Tilbury box full of burgundy tissue paper. 



The Dolce Vita Eyeshadow Palette



This is one of the most beautiful eyeshadow palettes I have ever owned. I love all the shades and the idea of having a prime, enhance, smoke and pop shade in each palette is so unique. All of Charlotte's products seem designed for ease of use and to help with makeup application as much as possible. Charlotte has also posted videos on her website to give tips on how to apply her products best which is useful for everyone! The shadows are so soft and blendable and all 4 shades go so well together. The prime shade is a light shimmery beige/gold colour, the enhance shade is a reddy brown, the smoke shade is a darker chocolatey brown and the pop shade is a gorgeous glittery bronze colour. 


6 Shades of Love Sex on Fire Gift Set



Cheek to Chic Blusher in Sex on Fire




This is another product from the collection that is designed to help you with your makeup. The blush contains 2 shades, a 'swish' shade on the outside and a 'pop' shade in the middle. The swish shade is designed to be swept all over the cheek and blended outwards and the pop shade is designed to be placed on the apple of the cheeks. I absolutely love these colours, I think they would suit a lot of skin types and they are build-able so you can have a natural look or a bolder look. I also love the packaging of this blusher. Most of the products come in burgundy and gold designed packaging inspired by the 1920s and I love how unique this is compared to most makeup brand packaging. 


K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in So Marilyn




This lipstick is the perfect red shade that seems like it would suit everyone. It has been named in homage to the iconic Marilyn Monroe and it certainly lives up to its name. The names and thought behind Charlotte's collection is what I also love about her products. She has taken inspiration from beauty icons such Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Brooke Shields and Bridgette Bardot. This is another product that comes in beautiful packaging (like most of the products in the collection) in a gold tube that is so unique and different to any lipstick packaging I own. Something else I love about these lipsticks is the delicious vanilla smell unlike any other lipstick scent I've come across before. It makes the product seem even more luxurious. The colour lasts a long time too and is quite moisturising. I can't wait to try out some different shades!




I absolutely love all three of these products and can't wait to try out more. They definitely deserve a place in my Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Bag. 
Have you tried anything from the Charlotte Tilbury collection?  Which product would you most like to buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment