Thursday 6 March 2014

Best Dressed at the Oscars 2014

On Sunday night it was the 86th Academy Awards ceremony and many star studded guests attended. All I could say when watching the Oscars red carpet this year was Wow! Everyone looked amazing and I was so impressed with the fashion compared to all other red carpets of the award season. Here are my Best Dressed from the night: 

Lupita Nyong'o



Lupita looked absolutely stunning on the red carpet. This was the best dress she has worn, and that's saying something considering the amazing dresses she has worn on the other red carpets this year. She definitely saved the best til last. Lupita said that the light blue Prada dress was designed to look like champagne bubbles and that she chose the blue colour because it reminded her of home. She has been the most consistent on the red carpets this year and for a newcomer that is pretty impressive!


Amy Adams

Amy Adams looked great in this blue strapless Gucci dress. The shape was flattering on her and I preferred this dress to all others she has worn to award ceremonies this year.


Jennifer Lawrence

Although this Dior dress wasn't my favourite of the night, I still think Jennifer Lawrence looked so good at the Oscars. This orange peplum dress has been her best of award season too. Unfortunately J-Law fell again at the Oscars this year but luckily it wasn't on stage, it was on the red carpet instead.  

Margot Robbie

I really liked Margot Robbie's embellished Saint Laurent dress on the red carpet and I liked her hairstyle and dark lip to go with it. However her overall look didn't quite look right. I think the hair colour was too dark compared to her usual blonde and her eyebrows were quite strong too. I still think she was one of the best dressed though and I liked the added detail of the bow on the back.




Leonardo Di Caprio

The Best Dressed man of the night had to be Leonardo DiCaprio. Unfortunately he didn't win the Oscar for Best Actor in the Wolf of Wall Street (which he deserved!) If it was up to me he'd win an Oscar for this suit. 

Emma Watson

Emma Watson looked glamorous as always on the red carpet in this Vera Wang dress. I like how this metallic dress was split into two different colours and was slightly sheer. I loved her hair and makeup too!

Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock looked so elegant in this Alexander McQueen dress. I think it's the best one she's worn all award season and I loved the old Hollywood style hair matched with the strapless style. 


Angelina and Brad

The Best Dressed couple of the night was definitely Brad and Angelina in my opinion, they just always know how to get it right and make each other look good. Brad looked dapper in a simple black tuxedo and Angelina looked beautiful as per usual in a glittery beaded Ellie Saab gown. Unfortunately the famous Angelina Jolie leg pose didn't make it to the red carpet this year. 

Cate Blanchett

Cate Blanchett looked incredible in this embellished Armani Prive dress. She is another celebrity who has been quite consistent across the award seasons but this style really suited her and made her stand out more among the other celebrities at the Oscars. 

Who do you think was the Best Dressed at this years Oscars?

No comments:

Post a Comment