Saturday 22 March 2014

Tanya Burr Lips and Nails Review

YouTuber Tanya Burr recently released a Lip Gloss and Nail Varnish Line exclusively to Feel Unique. The products are now available in Superdrug too. I was so excited when I heard this news as I love Tanya Burr and her YouTube channel. The collection contains 12 gorgeous lip gloss shades and 10 covetable nail varnish shades. It was so difficult for me to decide on which shades to choose from and I limited myself to buying one lip gloss and one nail varnish from the collection. In the end, after much deliberation, I decided on the lip gloss shade 'Afternoon Tea' and the nail varnish colour 'New York Night'.


Lip Gloss in Afternoon Tea





I chose the colour Afternoon Tea because it seemed like the perfect every day shade of lip gloss that could be worn on its own or over a lipstick. I love the smell of this lip gloss, it's sweet and smells delicious without being sickly. The applicator of this lip gloss is also great allowing full coverage. Also the lip gloss is the perfect texture as it feels really moisturising on the lips yet it isn't sticky. Although I do love this colour, I feel like there would be better colours in the collection that would suit me. This lip gloss is perfect for a natural look as it only has a slight sparkle but for more of a pop I would buy a different shade. However this is great for a natural everyday look and I'm sure I'll get plenty of use out of it. I can't wait to try Aurora and I also have my eye on Champagne Toast and Chic too.

Nail Varnish in New York Night



One of the reasons I chose this nail varnish colour was because of the name. As you can probably tell from our blog name we love everything New York related at Makeup Manhattan and Marc. Also the deep purple shade looked gorgeous and appealed to me the most out of all the colours. I loved the colour on my nails too, it is quite a dark shade, darker than I expected it to be but still a really nice colour, that looks almost black after a few coats. This nail varnish lasts quite a long time on the nails with only a few chips after week of wearing it with no clear coat over the top. Now I want to try out some different colours from the collection too. 

Have you tried any of the Tanya Burr Lips and Nails Collection? Which product would you love to own?

2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog :)
    http://peppermintandpeach.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! We can't wait to answer your questions! We'll let you know when we've done our post :) S x

    ReplyDelete