Tuesday 18 March 2014

Haul #3: Beauty

This is a bit of a collective haul of bits and bobs I've bought over that last couple of weeks. It will probably be the last haul I do for a while as I have given up buying make-up for lent as I have decided I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession!

Topshop


Topshop Sheer Lip in 'Chuck'


I bought this lipstick for the sole reason that it was called 'Chuck' and it brought back nostalgic memories of Chuck Bass- yes, I am that sad that I bought a lipstick because it coincidently had the same name as a fictional television character. But after using it a few times I actually really like it. It is a really moisturising lip colour with a subtle glossy finish, the colour is easily buildable from a sheer balm to a deep stain - it is also really affordable at £8. I've never really tried Topshop make-up before but since trying this I think I will be going back for more, any good recommendations?

Boots

Charles Worthington Salon at Home



I am going to post a review of these soon so I won't waffle on for too long but I adore the Salon at Home range, they leave me hair looking healthy and shiny. I bought the Straight and Smooth Shampoo, Shine Booster Conditioner and the Style Setter Dry Shampoo. They are also reasonably priced at around £6 or £7.

Hydraluron


I bought this in boots after hearing numerous beauty bloggers recommendations and thought I would give it a whirl too. My skin is so dry and dehydrated at the minute so I though it could really use something like this. So far I've not noticed that much of a difference to my skin but obviously I will give it a full 6 weeks before deciding if its worth it or not- I will probably write a review in the future after a couple of months using it so look out for that.

SpaceNK

Laura Mercier Crème Brule Honey Bath



I've gone a bit crazy in SpaceNK recently, think I need to calm down a bit with the spending but I just couldn't resist the smell of this, oh my gosh it smells so good I just want to eat it. I've not tried it in the bath yet but may write a review along with the body cream in a couple of weeks.


Feel Unique

Tanya Burr Nail Polish in Little Duck




This was in my February Favourites so again I won't go on about it for too long, just click the link here, but I adore the colour of the nail varnish. It's a really spring/summery colour and I just love wearing it!

Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Afternoon Tea



I also picked up one of Tanya's lipglosses in Afternoon Tea, I've not really had chance to use it that much yet but on first impressions I love the texture, finish, colour payoff and brush. One thing I probably don't like is how light the colour is, I usually go for something a tiny bit darker but that is my fault for choosing the wrong colour! I think I will get the colour 'Aurora' and see if that suits me a bit better. Have you tried anything in Tanya's line yet? Sophie will be doing a review of both the nail varnish and lipgloss very soon so look out for that.


Charlotte Tilbury

Charlotte Tilbury Eyelash Curlers



If you read our blog often or follow us on Twitter (@Make_Man_Marc) you will know we are huge Charlotte Tilbury fans. I think she is such a fantastic make-up artist and all of her products I've tried are amazing (click here to see a review of her Vintage Vamp palette and here to see Sophie's Charlotte Tilbury Haul and Review). These eyelash curlers are great at really opening up the eye, making the eye look bigger- they also look super pretty in a gorgeous rose gold colour!


Have you done any shopping recently? Leave a comment with a link with any hauls you have done- I'm super nosey and love looking at what other people have been buying!



No comments:

Post a Comment